Dermaplaning | Chicago Med Spa
Dermplaning Renews Your Skin
Dermaplaning is a gentle exfoliation treatment that removes the micro-fine top layer of skin and vellus hair, also known as “peach fuzz” hair. Following your dermaplane treatment, your skin will instantly appear smoother, your products will penetrate deeper, and your make-up will glide on beautifully!
Contact us for a complimentary consultation with one of our skin experts at Chicago Aesthetics to see if dermplaning is right for you.
Dermaplaning is a skin treatment using a specialized blade to remove dead skin and vellus hairs from the top layer of the skin. If thicker hairs on the face are present, laser hair removal may be a better option.
Dermaplaning should only be performed by a professional medical esthetician or dermatologist. At-home dermaplaning kits are not recommended due to the risk of being done incorrectly and potentially damaging the skin.
- Improves surface texture of the skin by removing the top layer of dead skin cells and fine hairs
- Reduce acne due to build-up of dead skin
- Improves the absorption of skin products and makeup
- Helps with hyperpigmentation
There is little to no downtime following your chemical peel treatment. You may experience redness, sensitivity and some mild flaking following your treatment. This can last for a few days.
- Do not wear make-up the day of the treatment
- Apply moisturizer 1-2 times daily to help decrease the appearance of flaking
- Do not pick or peel any flaking skin to avoid hyperpigmentation
- Avoid any topical or over-the-counter medications up to 1 week following your treatment to minimize irritation
You should get this treatment once a month for the best results.
You'll notice an immediate improvement in the surface of your skin.
The cost of a single dermaplaning treatment at Chicago Aesthetics is between $50 as an add-on to an existing treatment or $125 for a single dermaplaning session.
Why Choose Chicago Aesthetics Med Spa
Dr. Tatiana Batista
Board Certified Physician & Medical Aesthetics Director
Certified Esthetician & Laser Specialist