What to expect during your lip injection treatment at Chicago Aesthetics
Congratulations on smoother, silkier, fuller lips! The results can be seen immediately with the final result in about two weeks once the swelling subsides. There are many reasons why
- Symmetry and smoothing of wrinkles
- Restoration of natural, more youthful definition
- Visible improvement in the fullness of lips
People who receive a lip filler injections may experience mild to moderate injection site reactions, which typically resolve in a few weeks.
Common side effects following lip injections
Many people find lip injection treatments to be very tolerable and extreme side effects are very rare if the treatment is done by an experienced injector. You should notify your injector or healthcare provider if you are experiencing major symptoms and discomfort. know of any symptoms you may experience. Most side effects should go away in a few days, typically no more than a few weeks. But in the meantime, there are steps you can take to minimize reactions.
Post lip filler care instructions
If you have any of the more common symptoms mentioned above, here are some steps you can take to minimize reactions and get comfortable.
- Avoid sun exposure as long as redness persists.
- If the treated area is swollen, an ice pack can be applied on the side for a short period. Ice should be used with caution if the the area is still numb from the aesthetic to avoid thermal injury.
- Minimize exposure of the treatment area to UV lamp exposure and extreme cold weather.
Get ready for your results
While you have some post treatment discomfort, these symptoms should be temporary. Side effects should go away, so you can show off your enhanced lips in no time!
For a complimentary consultation or to book an appointment with one of our lip injectors, call (312)846-1529 or contact us today.