If there are 5 things we would recommend to everyone, no matter the skin type, it would be:
1. Never skip washing your face. Regular skin cleansing is critical to maintaining healthy-looking skin.
2. Exfoliate often. Exfoliating eliminates toxins and impurities and clears out the dirt that builds up in your pores day after day. We love Complexion Renewal Pads by ZO Skin Health which contains Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid which exfoliates the skin and primes it for better absorption of your skin products.
3. Use an antioxidant + SPF every day. An antioxidant serum like Skinceuticals CE Ferulic can be worn during the day to help protect your skin from everyday environmental stressors including free radicals, pollution, harmful UV rays, and even the light from your computer. Using an antioxidant combined with your SPF will give you added protection.
4. Apply Retinol before bedtime. Retinol is a must-have for every anti-aging skincare regimen. Retinol promotes cell turnover resulting in smoother skin and collagen production. We recommend Skinceuticals Retinol cream. It comes in three different concentrations, so you can work your way up if you’re a retinol newbie.
5. Lastly, make sure to see your esthetician once a month! While it’s important to have a good skincare routine at home, professional laser and medical-grade skincare treatments administered by a skincare professional cannot be compared to at-home treatments. Advancements in the laser technologies available today can truly transform your skin. Certain in-office treatments can help reverse the effects of aging and correct many skin imperfections including fine lines and wrinkles, skin laxity, sun damage, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, rosacea, and much more!
This blog post was also featured in Haute Beauty.
For more information, visit Chicago Breast & Body Aesthetics website, Instagram, or Facebook!
Chicago Aesthetics Contact Form
Aesthetics Contact form